GCHS Celebrates National FFA week

Photos courtesy of Hannah Elliott

FFA week is a tradition in many schools across the U.S participate in. FFA (Future Farmers of America) is a group of students and members that work and raise awareness for agriculture and agriscience.

One student stated, ” Being in FFA has helped me discover what I want to do in the future and lead me to realize what I want to do when I’m older…it has helped me develop skills that I use every day.”

When asked about what made him want to be involved in FFA week, former Ag teacher and current vice principal Mr. Horn said ” I was an FFA member as a high school student, and then when I became a teacher I wanted to be involved with it because of the experience it gives students.”

The FFA club at our school organized a spirit week to spread awareness for FFA and have students be involved across the school. This year’s spirit week included

Monday: Merica’ Monday

Tuesday: Hat Day

Wednesday: Wear FFA Jacket

Thursday: Chapter Shirt

Friday: Cowboy/Farmer day

FFA has helped hundreds of students find leadership roles and leads them to personal growth. Being in FFA doesn’t just mean that when you get older you want to be a veterinarian or be a farmer. Being in this club helps people of all ages and backgrounds find what they are passionate about and give them skills that they will utilize in the real world. They offer a multitude of classes that help build your skills.

The administration would also like to thank everyone that made FFA week a success including Mr. Howard, Miss Lyell, the students, and the alumni. Overall, FFA week was a success and got hundreds of students and faculty to participate in FFA spirit week.