5 GCHS students place in Educators Rising State Competition

GCHS FEA (also known as Future Educators Association or Educators Rising) took home five medals from the Educators Rising State Competition in Louisville, KY.

Senior Mackenzie Williamson placed 1st in Varsity STEM Lesson Planning and Delivery. “I prepared by planning out all of my lesson using Murray State’s lesson plan template and by reflecting on my lesson,” explained Williamson. “I was super excited since it was the first time we have ever gotten to go and I knew I was going to learn a lot,” she continued.

Freshman Hunter Carr placed third in Exploring Non-Core Subject Teaching Careers. “I had a really good experience,” he said.  “I had a lot of fun, especially bonding with people in our FEA chapter.”

In addition to Williamson and Carr, three other members placed in their respective categories: In Varsity Educator Rising Moment, Lilly Perry placed 3rd; in JV Educator Rising Moment, Sadie Youngblood placed 2nd while Brylee Cash placed 3rd.

“There was a great deal of competition and many more schools at our first state competition,” shared Sponsor Kim Roberts.

Besides competing, “Students could listen to sessions, or visit the college vendors set up, such as Bellarmine, Spalding University, WKU, MSU and many more,” she added.