2019 Kentucky GSP Students Announced

Picture+from+Paul+Schaumburg+

Picture from Paul Schaumburg

GSP is the Kentucky Governors Scholarship Program; a five-week program in which selected students from across the state attend a liberal arts program at a university in Kentucky.

The Governor’s Scholars Program strives to enhance Kentucky’s next generation of civic and economic leaders. Established in 1983, the program provides academic and personal growth through the balance of a strong liberal arts program with a full co-curricular and residential life experience. Students must complete a rigorous application and compete with others from across the state. Those selected attend the program free of charge.

Parker Thompson, a junior at GCHS was accepted for the summer 2019 program. Thompson is looking forward to “meeting a bunch of like minded individuals from around the state.” He can’t wait to experience the opportunities that GSP has to offer.

Parker Gerard, a current senior at GCHS, attended GSP at Murray State University last year. His advice to community members this year is ” treat everyday like you have a fear of missing out and to take advantage of every opportunity that you have a chance to take. Don’t stay exclusive to one activity or one group of people. Branch out to different groups of people.”

The following GCHS students were accepted for the 2019 GSP:

Isabella Hancock
Karli Prather
Abby Seavers
Abigail Stratton
Makayla Whitaker
Keaton Looper
Garrett Matheny
Seth Thomas
Parker Thompson
Kendall Tubbs
Jacob Woods