New School Year Brings New Schedule

How often had you been walking through the halls and heard someone ask a friend, “Is it an A day or a B day?” Well not anymore. Having two totally different lunches every other day and accidently bringing you’re A day notebook to class instead of your B day notebook is a thing of the past.

This year Graves County High School has changed the years class schedule in regards to their 90-minute fourth period. No longer will students rotate between two different classes during that time each day. Fourth A will be everyday lasting till Christmas Break and when the students return in January they will start attending their Fourth B class.

Students are finding the good and the bad with having to switch classes halfway through year. Jacob Govea, a junior at GCHS said, “It’s good to not have confusion.” But later saying that, “Although it’s not good if your favorite class is only half the year.”

Students are not the only ones affected but also the teachers and administrators as well. Lee Watson a Social Studies teacher at GCHS commented on the change saying, “It’s better than the old way. I get to see them everyday.”

The change also means that teachers who teach classes that require their students to take an end of course assessment will have to administer it not only at years end, but in December as well.