Eagle's Eye

Falling for Fall break

Back to Article
Back to Article

Falling for Fall break

On Monday, October 8th Fall break will officially begin and students are already looking forward to this 7 day vacation away from school.

English Teacher, Alex Miller explains, “I recently got married and get to start my home decorating for my new house. Thats always an exciting way to spend your break.”

Senior, Brittany Draffen tells, “I recently have gotten the chance to go to California for one of my pageants.” Draffen said, “so for majority of my fall break you’ll see me serving at the local Cracker Barrel trying to earn money for this once in a lifetime trip.”

Although students like Brittany are benefiting from the vacation, not everyone else is.

This year, the Graves County School Board pushed Fall Break back a week, and some were not expecting the sudden change.

When asked about their plans, a source anonymously said, “I typically end the first quarter at a specific point. However, with break being a week later I have already reached my usual stopping point,so  I had to come up with some last minute lessons for my classes.”

Seniors, Kassandra Garcia explains, “Honestly I am not going anywhere to exciting except Talon falls, but besides that atleast I get time to catch up on my tv series.”

Regardless of when the break is, there are plenty of students and staff who feel relieved for the first half of the semester to be over.