Eagle's Eye

Filed under Eagle Life

Eagle’s Resolutions

Back to Article
Back to Article

Eagle’s Resolutions

For decades, resolutions have been a staple in breaking in the new year. As a whole, we tend to have common resolutions as the ones around us. 

Most commonly, the top 3 resolutions are to eat healthier, exercise more, and save money. Just as commonly, these resolutions tend to fall through. 

To start 2019 on a positive note, GCHS Eagle’s Eye is asking the sophomore and senior classes for their own New Years Resolutions, and will check back in May to see how they are holding up. 

For the sophomore class, Weston Hester plans to make his school year about success. To start off 2019, his new years resolution is to do better in school.

Kaley Crouch also plans on doing some reading, but for different reasons. Reading the Bible more is a goal for this sophomore bringing in the new year. 

On a separate note, Stella Mapes has an interesting goal in mind. When asked if she had a resolution, she revealed her own, but with a twist: learning to play the ukulele. 

As a senior, the last new year in high school can be a difficult one. The senior voted “Social Butterfly,” Cameron Gough, holds up his title with his new years resolution. As he plans on enrolling in University of Louisville in the upcoming fall semester, Cameron’s resolution is to become even more social in order to start a new life in a new city. 

For senior Belou Looper, 2019 brings many adventures. Until her ship date in June, Looper plans on preparing herself for basic training to begin the rest of her life in the Air Force. 

As of January 1, 2019, our Eagles have set their minds to do big things. Check back in May for an update on how these resolutions are going!