Eagle's Eye

Filed under Eagle Life

Prom Fashion Show Preparation

Prom Fashion Show has been an annual occurrence at Graves County High School for over a decade. This event gives girls the opportunity to model and sell their used prom dresses.

According to Prom Fashion Show Sponsor, Mrs. Michelle Mckee, “Students have had success. Last year, I think about half of the dresses were sold.”

Mrs. McKee continued: “The idea for Prom Fashion Show was for students to be able to take what they had learned in class and actually be able to produce their own fashion show.”

When people think of prom, they often think of fairy tales, or maybe a masquerade. But this year, the Fashion Marketing class decided to go a little off-course from the traditional prom.

The theme for this year’s show is “Astroworld” inspired by Travis Scott’s newest album, and the set date is Friday, February 8th.

The Fashion Marketing class is going after “wasteland chic,” trying to stay as close as they can to Travis Scott’s album theme. The Fashion Marketing class is already working on set decorations and other preparations for this year’s show. There will be two morning shows so everyone has an opportunity to watch, all students and staff are encouraged to attend.

Don’t forget to mark your calendars, this is a show you won’t want to miss.