Midterm mania

Midterm mania

Midterms are fast approaching here at Graves county. Every day we get closer and closer to the impending doom that is midterm exams. In recognition of this, I asked GCHS students if they were prepared for their tests (spoiler alert: it was a resounding “no”) as well as asked a some of our favorite faculty members to weigh in.

Are you ready for midterm exams?

Brandon: “Uh… *strains* No.”

Dakota: “Not at all.”

Ari: “No.”

Cory: “Yeah I’m ready for midterms; I don’t have any.”

Mr. Mallory: “Absolutely! I’ve studied hard, reviewed my notes, and even came in for some extra tutoring so I can be ready to not take these tests because I’m grown!”

Mrs. Duke: “Totes.  Not only are midterms a good measure of what students have actually internalized and learned throughout the semester, but they also mark CHRISTMAS BREAK!”

Is there anything you can do to better prepare yourself for midterms?

Natalie: “Sleep.”

Free: “Probably study.”

Dakota: “Probably study.”

Cory: “Uh… Study, I guess. Sleep.”

Mr. Mallory: “Studying is an absolute must. A lot of students just wing it when it comes to midterms or finals, and then are shocked when they don’t do well. Put the time to properly study now, and be sure to take a few breaks to help relieve stress. And most teachers take money in the form of cash or check, just saying.”

Mrs. Duke: “Students shouldn’t wait until the last minute to study for midterms, unless they enjoy their seat on the Struggle Bus.”

Do you have anything to say about midterms?

Free: “If you believe you will fail, you will fail. If you believe you will succeed then you will succeed.”

Alicia: “*shakes head* I don’t know.”

Brandon: “They’re horrible things, they should not be done on the last days before break.”

Dakota: “They suck.”

Mr. Mallory: “I hope everyone does well on their midterms.”

Mrs. Duke: “Many of our students make sure to have the attendance and grades necessary to be exempt from final exams. Then we send them off to college, and they are faced with their first final exam experience. I like that we require these exams to be cumulative, so students can experience this type of exam before college. I believe this is a step towards getting our students ready for their ‘next step.'”