Strictly Business

Johnathan Wooldridge

PREPPING FOR THE REAL WORLD– Senior John Tindal is interviewed by local athletic trainer, Garland Moseley.

Strictly Business took place this Friday in the GCHS gym from noon to a little before school ended. This is a program put on by Mrs. Gattis and FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America), which lets seniors participate in an interview to prepare them for jobs when they leave high school.

During this time, interviewers ask students normal questions, like they would be asked for a regular job. Students also dressed and acted professionally, as if it were a real interview. From the feedback of students and interviewers, it is evident that Strictly Business is very helpful and worthwhile. Serita Robinson, a vet technician, interviewing the seniors said, “It gives the students a real world experience.” Logan Plunkett agreed with Robinson, saying that she’s now prepared for a real interview now that she’s had this one. All seniors take part in this, as it is required for graduation.

Members of FBLA played their role in this program, as well. Students in this club helped seniors find where their interviews were, helped with the refreshment bar, and much more.

Mrs. Gattis had been arranging Strictly Business for the past two or so months. She had called many people around town with different professions and invited them. Students were told to pick three careers that they were interested in. Out of those three, she picked one and paired them with an interviewer from that occupation.

Strictly Business was overall a success today for the students, interviewers, staff, and school.