Graves FEA students shine at conference

FUTURE EDUCATORS– Graves County students traveled to Murray State to participate in the regional FEA conference. Pictured from left to right, back row: Darlene Beard, Rosa Klay, Alexis Richards, Jaden Keeling, Courtney Jones. Middle Row: Michalae Jackson, Madison Beyer, Briana Cagle, Patlin Wyatt, Ellie Williams, Alba Elis. Front Row: Morgan Cash, Haley Barber, Katelyn Holder, Tiffany Troutt, Adriana Blincoe, Tori Wiggins.

This past Tuesday, October 22nd, Graves County FEA (Future Educators of America) members traveled to Murray State University to compete in the Regional FEA Conference.

Students who participate in this club gain knowledge of the aspects of education and the job of the teacher. They also learn about the teaching profession itself, job opportunities, educational issues, and financial help options. This year the club competed in four categories: impromptu speaking, public service announcements, essay writing, and t-shirt design.

Tiffany Troutt placed 2nd in Essay Writing and said, “It was a really good experience. I feel that everyone who went and participated went and did a well job and overall I think that we benefited as a group and we came out stronger and more prepared.”

Jaden Keeling who also placed at the competition got 3rd in the T-shirt Design category.

In the Public Service Announcement competition Graves County FEA took first place. The teacher in charge of the FEA club Mark Mallory said, “I’m extremely proud of the young ladies who participated and they represented Graves County really well.”