Passes For The Classes

Katie Meade

PASS TO CLASS– GCHS has introduced new procedures for hall passes this year, including new, uniform hall passes designed to indicate the reason students are out of the classroom.

GCHS students have recently returned to school for a fresh start of learning with old rules made new in the hopes of preventing issues that have occurred in the past.

Every year, the school has enforced the rule of only three hall passes in each class per semester. Walking down the hallways, you would see many GCHS students carrying a wide variety of hall passes ranging from a small block of wood to even nothing. Having no clue as to where students were headed, the staff of GCHS has agreed on an idea that they believe will be the solution to the problem. When leaving the room while class is in session, students are required to carry one of the two new passes. The blue pass is to be used when you have asked to go to the restroom, while the gray pass is to be used for anything else (particularly office related). Failure to use one of the passes could result in disciplinary action, so remember: if you have somewhere to be during class, don’t forget that pass!