Eagle's Eye

Homecoming- is it worth the cost?

www.pintrest.com
www.pintrest.com

www.pintrest.com

www.pintrest.com

With each new year comes more opportunities to attend one of the two homecoming Graves County host throughout the sports seasons.

Saturday, September 22nd the annual football homecoming will be taking place 8-10pm in the commons.

However, students always question whether the overall cost is actually worth it. Well, the easy answer is yes. Students constantly feel that they are spending a fortune just to go spend a few hours dancing around with friends.

On average, families spend around $600 on smaller events such as homecoming, but little do students know there are multiple remedies that  can actually save money rather than spending hundreds on a few items.

1st: When attending any type of formal dance, flowers are a must. However, they do also cost anywhere from $25-$50 dollars (depending on style and arrangement). The perfect way to help save money is by creating your own version of flowers, find flowers of your choosing and add a decorative ribbon to add some style to your beautiful bouquet. Even better plus to creating your own is, that it is completely free!

2nd: Of course, every girls favorite, waking up at the break of dawn for a makeup/hair appointment. If you have ever had an appointment scheduled like this, you for sure know how difficult it is making sure everything stays perfect until you arrive to homecoming, and heaven forbid if anything messes up because that is about $150 down the drain. Well, an easy solution to this is attempt it yourself. Practice and play around with multiple makeups and hairstyles until you find something that works for you. Not only is this saving you money, but in this case you can work at your own pace and make sure everything stays intact until it is time for the dance.

3rd: Finding the perfect dress, is always the hardest thing about dances, not to mention the most expensive. You want to find something that compliments your shape, but also comfortable for the long night ahead of you. Designer dressers typically start around $350 and increase tremendously. However, around our local area there are multiple top quality consignment shops that offer the same brands but for half the price-and if you catch them on a good day they are 75% off.  Not only are you getting to wear your favorite designer, but you are also splitting the cost in at least half.

Homecoming is a staple high school experience,  and you can and should go–without breaking the bank!