Graves’ Students join Mission Mexico

Josh Jackson

MISSION MEXICO– Graves’ Senior Jamie Lamb, assists in VBS

During this holiday season instead of just receiving, 200 students from both the United States and Canada traveled to Tecate, Mexico for a mission trip.

Some of the students involved were from Graves County High School, including Jacob Govea, Audrie Lamb, Jamie Lamb, Keena Creason, and Samantha Sims. While on their trip, the students built three houses in four days, had a Vacation Bible school for the kids as well as having street ministries. The trip was a week long and 559 people accepted Christianity as their faith. Audrie Lamb described the experience as one of the best of her life. “I loved getting to talk to some of the kids using the Spanish I’ve learned at school. I really enjoyed getting to play ‘Jesus dice’ which is a version of Simon says.”

Mission Mexico-- Finished house by Team Fanatic.
Mission Mexico– Finished house by Team Fanatic.

“My favorite moment would be when we were praying over a girl who had Hepatitis. She was so happy that we stopped to pray with her,” Lamb explained. While there, Govea said that everyone slept in army tents and bundled up because of the 20 degree weather at night. Govea also said, “the biggest problem we encountered was the loose dogs that had diseases.”

Overall, the students had a great time and all came away with a blessing and a new perspective.