Student Spotlight: Zacharie Lamb

Zacharie Lamb is a senior and Cross Age Tutor here at Graves County High School; he was nominated to be a student spotlight by his Cross Age Tutor Supervisor, Mr. Gerard,  because of his excellent role of leadership in the classroom.

Mr. Gerard stated, “He has proven to be knowledgeable in virtually every subject area. He assumes a leadership role by asserting himself as the primary tutor and assigning others, including me, to utilize tools, such as Zoom break-out rooms etc., to manage and improve the efficiency of our efforts.”

In an interview with Zacharie, he was thankful to be chosen for this honorable role. He also mentioned all the work and effort he puts in to assist students to thrive in the classroom.

Zacharie said, “ Virtual learners log into a zoom meeting and we are there to assist them and they can ask any questions and we get questions ranging  from geometry to English and any subject people are currently taking a class on.”

He also explained some of the positive interactions he has had with students: “One of the best goals that we’re being successful is that if a student doesn’t come back to tutoring. As paradoxical as it may sound, if someone doesn’t show up that means we obviously explained it in a way to where they are able to understand it. We also get positive feedback from the students who come into tutoring.”

Zacharie mentions he was extremely grateful for this opportunity and he thanks his supervisors.