Senior Newsletter October Edition

Announcements

Oct 1 is the first day that the FAFSA application is open. www.fafsa.ed.gov State money is 1st come 1st served!

The KHEAA rep will ZOOM in senior English classes on Oct 19 & 20 to help students with the FAFSA.

October 5-9 is Fall Break! This would be an excellent time to visit college campuses.

MSU will hold a ZOOM admission workshop for GC Seniors in the PAC at 11:30 on Oct 13. Bring your Chromebook.

WKCTC dual credit students will schedule classes for spring 2021 on Wed, October 14, starting at 8:00 am.

MSU Virtual Racer Day is Sat, Oct 17. Register at https://murraystate.edu/campus/PlanVisit/RacerDays/index.aspx

Paducah Sun Teen of Week apps will be mailed on Fridays for the next few weeks. Turn them in when completed.

If you are interested in working for UPS (in Louisville) and letting them pay for tuition at U of L or Jefferson Community and Technical College, email Mrs. Marrs.

Check out the College Information folder in the Senior Schoology course.

Stay Informed
Senior course in Schoology / School Email / REMIND / GC Guidance Website / College Websites

Need to Take the ACT?
The next ACT is Saturday, October 24. Students need to be in the commons by 7:45 am with two #2 lead pencils, calculator, photo ID, mask, and admission ticket. Also, make sure you have uploaded a photo of yourself.

Registration deadline is Nov 6 for the Dec 12 test. Last chance to meet most college scholarship deadlines!!

ACT Prep Workshops will be held at GCHS free of charge Oct 19 – 22 from 3:15 – 4:15.

Need Scholarships?
Check the GCHS Guidance Website https://sites.google.com/site/gchsguidance/scholarship-home and
www.fastweb.com and www.scholarships.com

The AES Engineers, Horatia Alger Association, and Coca Cola Scholarships are all due in October.

Several other state and national scholarship deadlines are approaching quickly.

**Updates are currently being made to the website. However, you should still be familiar with the website and begin looking at the National Scholarship page. Links in Red are current and available.

**Start now by checking college choice websites to familiarize yourself with deadlines for scholarship application

Contact Information
Laura Marrs 328/674-6242 ext. 2366 [email protected]