Dual Credit Courses–See Your Guidance Counselor TODAY!


Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

Graves County High School offers many dual credit courses for students to take. To enroll in dual credit courses you must have a 3.0 GPA and you must meet the ACT benchmarks.

Junior Guidance counselor, Marci Leonard says,” I strongly encourage taking dual credit courses in high school if you are willing to work independently and are mature enough to focus in classes.¨

The primary dual credit courses are all through WKCTC but can transfer to other colleges like Murray State. However,  there are a few Dual-Credit Agriculture classes through Murray State.

The costs of both Dual Credit programs are 1/3 of normal tuition, and many courses are offered at the GCHS campus, such as English 101/102.

All dual credit courses count as credits for high school transcripts and college transcripts.  However, this means that grades count toward both your high school and college GPAs.

Senior Ashley Mohler stresses, ¨I enjoy dual credit courses so much more than a normal high school class. It is so independent and I feel like it is less stressful.¨

Dual credit courses can be taken during students’ junior and/or senior year. It is encouraged that juniors only take 1 class in the fall and 1 class in the spring. It is recommended for seniors to take 2 classes in the fall and 2 classes in the spring.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email