Tech Mania and Digital Learning Day

Back to Article
Back to Article

Tech Mania and Digital Learning Day

Middle and High School students attended Tech Mania on February 28

Tech Mania is hosted by WKCTC that is dedicated to the learning and advancement in knowledge of technology.

Throughout the day, students from all around Western Kentucky attended workshops that furthered their knowledge and application of technology in a career pathway.

Senior Nathaniel Harrington poses with his Raspberry Pi.

Students were placed into teams with students from other schools in the region. Only one student from each school could be on the team. The teams were awarded points based on the tasks completed.

For example, one task was setting up a WiFi router. The groups were given 4 hours to complete a task that would typically take 4 days.

Students and teachers participate in the Twitter challenge on Digital Learning Day 2019

Nathaniel Harrington’s team won first place and received the coveted “Raspberry Pi”: a small computer gaming set similar to Nintendo 64 consoles.

Meanwhile, back at the Graves County School District, Digital Learning Day was in full swing.

Teachers participated in this worldwide celebration of 21st century learning by showcasing classroom technology implementation in a Twitter challenge.  Teachers tweeted photos using the hashtags #dlday and #PowerOnGC in an effort to win donuts for their school.

GCHS reigned supreme in the competition and enjoyed the sweet taste of victory.

Principal Matthew Madding relishes in the glory of winning the #DLD Twitter Challenge.