Eagle's Eye

Filed under Eagle Life, Showcase

GCHS is Seeing Blue

The University of Kentucky is a charitable college, and one of their most known charity events is called “Dance Blue,” a 24 hour dance marathon where students at the university pay for tickets to attend the marathon and dance.

All of the money is then donated to pediatric cancer facilities. This is truly amazing, but perhaps what is even more amazing is that this event is beginning to spread, and Graves County’s own Chaney Willett, a UK commit, has coordinated with her future university to bring Dance Blue to GCHS!

Mrs. Willett, who is pictured above standing directly behind the check, has done tremendous work throughout her high school career, such as serving as a DECA officer and in various other clubs, and this coordination with UK is truly an accomplishment to behold.

Dance Blue will be held at GCHS in the commons. The dance will not share in the UK tradition of being 24 hours long, as it will be from 6PM-10PM. There will be refreshments along with various activites such as a rave and corn hole tournaments (in addition to dancing). Students are asked to raise $25 within their own communities to enter the dance.