Teachers share their embarrassing story

Mrs.+Adams-Jones

Mrs. Adams-Jones

As students, we have all had an embarrassing moment or seven. Teachers are no different. They have plenty of embarrassing moments just like the rest of us. I got to ask a couple of GCHS teachers to tell their embarrassing teaching stories. 

Mrs. Adams-Jones shared her story, “At the school I worked at in Nashville, our supplies came in giant boxes, like slightly smaller than a teacher’s desk.  I thought it would be a good idea to climb in one so that I could scare another teacher, but as I was trying to do so, a student walked in my room, took one look at my friend closing me up in the box, looked horrified, and left without saying a word.  The adults totally got busted playing by a student!”  

Mrs. Roberts shared, “I took students on a field trip to Louisville once for a competition.  We stopped at St. Matthews mall on the way home.  Students were given a designated time to be on the bus.  All but one showed up.  He was a freshman and the only one in that grade on the trip.  No one else had his phone number.  It was also not on his emergency form.  So, I had to call his mom; her phone number was listed.  I had to tell her that her son was missing and ask for his phone number.  Once located, we found him standing in line getting his name stitched on a hat.  Embarrassing as a teacher.”