• August 23Next ACT - October 28

The student news site of Graves County High School

Eagle's Eye

Filed under Eagle Life

Graves County rocks

There is a new local trend on the rise. Kindness rocks are all over Graves County. People of all ages can paint, hide, and find these kindness rocks. The woman behind the idea is Debra Peters. She started the Facebook page, Graves County, KY. Rocks, to inspire others and spread kindness. Peters is working alongside of Tracy Hargrove.

Hargrove agreed to answer some questions about the kindness rocks. We asked her what was her inspiration for the kindness rocks, she answered, “I enjoy bringing smiles to other’s day, no act of kindness is ever too small. It’s amazing what a little painted rock can do to brighten someone’s day.” The kindness rocks have brought so much positivity to Mayfield, and when asked if there were any other projects being planned, Hargrove said, “We have lots of fun events planned, but they all involve the kindness rocks. We are sending rocks that we and the community have painted to Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital and some to St. Jude’s. As well as continuing to do things here in our community.” The kindness rocks have recently gotten popular on Facebook so Hargrove shared her reaction towards it, “Huge smiles and a happy heart! With everything going on in our world, we needed this and want to see it continue growing!”

The kindness rocks continue to inspire children and adults in the Mayfield, KY area, and continues to grow. You can like the Kindness Rocks Facebook page and watch them progress. Click here to go there now!

(Photo by Karen Kennemore, from the Graves County, KY. Rocks page)