• November 16Next ACT - December 9th

The student news site of Graves County High School

Eagle's Eye

Why I Am With Her

Being born and raised in the bible belt you are looked down upon if you believe something different than what your parents told you to believe. Recently, I have been trying to figure out where I stand on my political beliefs. Doing countless research, I am shocked that I found myself more democratic than my parents and family. During this election in particular I have realized I am for Hillary. You might be asking why.  Why would anyone be in favor of Killary? Well, to answer that question, I won’t bore you with the long drawn out topics no one cares about but, the ones that comes up the most when I get asked Why.

First of all to shut down the abortion deal. Who in this country is for killing babies? No one. Absolutely no one, and neither is Hillary or any pro-choice person. What Hillary wants to let the American people know is she just wants the government to not make those precious decisions for a women. Those are the women’s decisions to make, NOT the government’s.

Second, America is a country built on immigration. We have always been known for our free country to immigrants. Who are we to not allow people into our country? Hillary believes we should allow immigrants to have a clear pathway to citizenship, which will decrease the number of our so-called “problems,” due to illegal immigrants.

Last issue I will address is the LGBTQ community. No where in the entire republican book of beliefs does it mention these people. Not once. Are they not equal to me or you? In the Declaration it states that all men are created equal. So are we going back on our word of the founding fathers of our great country? We shouldn’t judge someone just because of who they find attractive just like, we shouldn’t judge someone on what they believe. Once we see that everyone is created equal – no matter if they are, boy, girl, black, white, straight or gay – then we will be a country that is free.

I encourage you before this Tuesday to do your research and find out who you really stand for and who you would want in the office to protect you. A good rule of thumb is to choose a candidate that you agree with in more than one issue. And when Tuesday comes I hope, as a fellow citizen, you make your decision based on what you really believe and what is good for our future, and not what others tell you to think. Go away from the status quo.