Stephanie Rickman recieves Above and Beyond JAG award

GCHS+Students+Participate+in+Field+Day%0APhoto+courtesy+of+Jaime+Prince.+

GCHS Students Participate in Field Day Photo courtesy of Jaime Prince.

This year Grave’s County’s very own Stephanie Rickman received the Above and Beyond JAG award.

JAG stands for Jobs for America’s Graduates which is a non-profit organization that motivates young people to graduate and allows them to experience real-world scenarios.

Mrs. Rickman’s plaque states: “Stephanie Rickman is recognized for going ABOVE and BEYOND to serve her students and community. She has been recognized as the JAG KY Specialist of the Month and 2021 JAG National Specialist of the Year and most recently received the JAG KY State Above and Beyond Award.”

“I am overwhelmed and humbled to win this award from JAG National,” said Mrs. Rickman. “Being a JAG specialist is so much more than teaching a class.  It is caring for your students and helping meet their needs both in the classroom and at home.  I love my job and my students.  Being recognized for working from the heart is very special.”

Mrs. Rickman has stepped up when needed on many occasions- including the time when JAG needed someone to address Kentucky Legislature. Additionally, for three years in a row, Mrs. Rickman has maintained a 100% graduation rate in this program and directed one of the strongest Career Associations in the state.

We are so proud of you, Mrs. Rickman!