Murray State University Workshops for Students

The movie struggle between creativity and sports isn’t just in the movies, and in this scene the arts have prevailed. Starting June 11th students will be able to attend three different Creative Arts workshops at Murray State University. These include the Performing Arts Camp, Purchase Area Writers Workshop, and the Summer Art Workshop.

The Performing Arts Camp will introduce 9th-12th grade students to theatre through acting design, and dance opportunities. No high school theater experience is required to attend this workshop. The camp will focus on scene painting, acting, and dance. Scene painting will include the basics of brush work, highlight/shadow techniques, and finishes such as wood, marble, gold. Acting will include theatre games, voice exercises, understanding actions of a character, and they will work on their own monologue. Dance will include different styles such as ballet, jazz, and tap.

The Purchase Area Writers Workshop includes two workshops and two seminars. The first workshop will evaluate the purpose of punctuation and the function of space in writing. The Fiction Workshop will teach student the importance of establishing narratives, how to write dialogue, and various other essential techniques. Both seminars look into the aspects of each genre of prose.

Murray State University has a new selection of classes for this years Summer Art Workshop. The hands-on workshop will cover the elements of art and explore different mediums. Students will work independently and in groups to create works of art and expand on their knowledge  of studio art and art history. It is a fast paced learning experience for 9th-12th grade students.

For more information: Murray State University Website