New Year, New Teachers

Graves County High School welcomes 13 new staff members for the 2016-2017 school year.

New Teachers Subject
Andrews, Shannon SS
Dukek,Shea SE
Edwards, Josh LA
Elliott, Vanda Math
Goatley, Jason PLTW
Kauffman, Makenzie Choir
Mills, Shanna SS
Morris, Kelsey Ag
Stahr, Erica SE
Stowe, Jessica Spanish
Tinsley, Jessica Spanish
Walker, Katie SE
Wilson, Sarah Nurse

The new staff members had much to say about their new position. Spanish teacher Jessica Tinsley said, “I chose this position for several reasons. Graves County is certainly a good district, and it is every teacher’s dream to work with distinguished students. I feel like this is not only a good learning opportunity for my students, but for me too. I am from this area and it is so nice to come back home close to my family and old friends, while fulfilling my career. The only difficulty I think I will have is the fact that there are about 14 Abby’s and 14 Hannah’s all in the same class and all spelled different ways.”

New choir teacher, Makenzie Kauffman mentioned, “My favorite part about being a teacher rather than an assistant, is that I get to create my own lesson plans!”

Experienced teachers reach out and give advice to GCHS’ new staff. Michelle Gattis says, “Over plan. If you run out of work to do, with time to spare, you WILL have problems.” Ed Richard also shares his advice, “Get to know your students, its difficult to work with somebody you haven’t connected with.” Richard continues, “Always remember, the lion shouldn’t have to roar all the time”